Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Post

Well, I have been doing a lot of writing in my journal the last few months. I never thought I'd be the type to keep a journal. . .I didn't really understand those who did. . . .and now I'm one of them! LOL!

I don't know that I'll ever let anyone see what I have here, but at the moment I want to use it to keep track of things I have been doing online, clips I have enjoyed, sites I have found interesting and insightful, etc.

I have done a lot of soul searching and digging into God's Word this year. Not just the cursory reading one might do, but real "down deep" digging. You know, the kind where you use a study Bible, two or three versions of the Bible, read commentaries, and just meditate on His Word.

My brother gave me an iPod and it has been wonderful to load it with sermons and other radio broadcasts that I have enjoyed. I have filled the 1 GB memory and it is great when I am walking or at work or vacuuming or cleaning or doing any number of other things.

Some of what I have been enjoying:

American Vision and The Gary DeMar Show
Desiring God Sermons with John Piper (Bethlehem Baptist)
DTS (Dallas Theological Seminary) Chapel Services with various speakers
Reformed Heritage Church - mostly with Gary Wagner
Running to Win with Erwin Lutzer
Trinity Reformed Church - mostly with Dr. Young
White Horse Inn with Michael Horton as moderator
Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, FL with Tom Ascol
Truths That Transform with Dr. D. James Kennedy of Coral Ridge Ministries
The Mike Corley Show
Renewing Your Mind with R.C. Sproul

I have been enjoying seeing what people have to say on Mark Driscoll's (Mars Hill Church) campaign (Ask Anything) to have people vote for what he will preach on in the beginning of 2008. Today they took the top 50 and reduced it to the top 20.

Again, these thoughts are just reminders to me. I can't leave video clips or pics in my paper journal!

kb

No comments: