Friday, November 16, 2007

Anti-teenage Behavior!

Our church sponsors English as a Second Language (ESL) classes and I'm the lead teacher. We had our final class tonight for our first ten-week session. It was well attended - we had over 50 people (I should have gotten an exact count, but forgot). We had a nice pot-luck dinner and gave the students the opportunity to "show off" and end with a final pat-on-the-back. They did a great job. I hope that they received as much a blessing out of the class that I did. It was wonderful. They far-exceeded my expectations. I look forward to the spring session. We are going to have a training session to train local teachers. We need to have at least 10 people sign up for the training. After the training classes we'll begin our second 10-week session.

When I got home, I got a VERY pleasant surprise. My 16 year old daughter cleaned the kitchen (without asking!!). She not only cleaned it, she did such a good job that it almost shined "like the top of the Chrysler Building" (couldn't resist the line from Annie).

She not only did the kitchen when it wasn't her turn, but she also cleaned her bedroom!!! That by itself would have given cause for rejoicing - the room looked like it needed to be condemned (well, maybe not that bad). She also took pictures that were on her bedroom walls of our old house (we moved here not too long ago) and put them up with about another 100 or so. Her intention when we moved in was to eventually paint her bedroom walls to be a camo-type design, but if she keeps going, she won't have any wall left to see! I would venture a guess that she probably has almost 600 pictures on her wall now - wallpaper style.

If she keeps this up, she's going to give teenagers everywhere a bad name! You go girl!

No comments: