Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lord, I stand in awe of you

Lord, today I am thinking of You and Your majesty. Recognizing how You are a sovereign God. I am remembering Your providences upon me with praise and thanksgiving. The mercies you have bestowed upon me are innumerable. The grace You have shown unmeasurable. You are so good and wonderful. You prove Your faithfulness over and over (and over and over).

Lord, I know of Your incredible love and know you only want the best for me. You always watch over me. . .protect me. . .care for me. You know the number of hairs on my head. You were here before the mountains were brought forth and will be here long after the earth has fallen away. You always were and always will be.

The heavens show your glory, power and majesty. They are glorious examples of your handiwork. The mountains quake before You. I wonder at your power, wisdom and infinitude. You have control over everything. Everything I have done and everything I will do are known by you. I have been saved by Your grace.

I give You the glory for releasing me from my prison cell of sin. I find great joy and peace in the power of The Gospel. Your love never fails. Your love forgives. In my natural state I do not seek you, I do not love you and I don't desire you. You sought me out and brought me to You. Your grace is abundant and your mercy is overflowing.

Lord, You are holy. You are righteous. You are perfect. You are just. I know You demonstrate Your love daily in my life. I give You all the glory for everything You have provided for me, even for every breath I take. You are faithful.

Your wisdom is profound. There is none wiser than you. You have an infinite tenderness. You know what I need and what is best for me even when I don't know.

I am taking time to observe and meditate on the workings of providence. Everything is ordered by You. It would be an incredible sight if I could see the whole design of Providence at one long look - it's incomprehensible what You have ordered and arranged. My view is so short and imperfect, yet I see how excellent and sweet your Will is.

I recognize and acknowledge Your sovereignty and marvel at Your nature. I see Your Hand in everything. You sovereignly ordain everything that comes to pass; there is nothing that happens outside of Your sovereign will. In Ephesians 1:11 you tell us that our inheritance has been predestined and You work all things according to the counsel of Your will.

"I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted." (Job 42:2)

Even though so much of your sovereign will remains hidden, I know that your revealed will is perfect.

As I immerse myself in Your Word, I see Your glory shine through.

I recognize Your attributes. You are strong. You are divine. You are the Most High. You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are omnipotent. You are an Almighty God and an Everlasting Father. Your kingdom will last forever.

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." (Psalm 42:1-2a)

You ARE my Lord and my God. You are my Saviour. I praise You with all my heart and soul. I long to serve You and glorify you all my life. I lift my hands and eyes to the heavens to worship You.

Lord, please let me continually have joy and show praise for You. Remind me always how in Your righteousness You delivered me and You rescued me. You are my rock and my fortress. Please help me to proclaim Your wondrous deeds. Show me how I can better praise You. Let me praise You more and more. Let me continually seek Your face. Please let me enjoy You.

"Your righteousness, O God, reaches the high heavens. You who have done great things, O God, who is like you? You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again." (Psalm 71:19 - 20)

Lord, please remind me often of these truths. Keep me ever looking upward.

No comments: