Monday, November 3, 2008

Powerful Words from an Abortion Survivor

I don't understand how someone can claim to be a Christian yet be "pro-choice". The unborn baby does not have a choice, yet it becomes a matter of life and death for them. This child is created in God's own image yet this young life isn't valued.

Over 95% of the abortions performed in the world today are with women who simply do not want to have a baby. Less than 5% of abortions in the world today are for the reasons of rape, incest, or the mother's health at risk. Less than 1/10 of one percent of the abortions done in the world today are where the mother's life is at risk.

This is an utmost evil. Even in the more difficult 5% of instances (rape, incest, life of mother at risk), abortion should never be the first option. The life of a human being in the womb is worth every effort to allow a full term birth.

Even if the really may be the situation of trying to save a mother's life, we need to remember that God is a God of miracles. He can preserve the life of a mother and a child despite all the medical odds being against it.

It is never medically necessary to intentionally kill a baby inside the mother's womb. There is a big difference between trying to save a mother's life, resulting in a baby's death, and intentionally ending the life of a baby in a mother's womb.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. Jeremiah 1:5

Science agrees with what we are told in the Bible. It tells us that human life begins at the time of conception. From the moment fertilization takes place, the child's genetic makeup is already complete. Its gender has already been determined, along with its height and hair, eye and skin color. The only thing the embryo needs to become a fully-functioning being is the time to grow and develop.

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16
I recently read that since Roe v. Wade allowed abortion to be legal in our country, that over 40 MILLION babies have been killed.

These are powerful words from an abortion survivor, Gianna Jessen. She researched the abortionist (he had to sign her birth certificate so she knew his name) and he claims to have performed over 1,000,000 abortions and considers it to be his "passion".





Victorian Premier John Brumby says he's "pleased to see legislation to decriminalise abortion pass through the upper house." Outcome on October 10, 2008 was that abortion was decriminalized in Australia - Read the article here

The War on Abortion:


Abortion is a reprehensible thing. We have decided to play God and snuff out these innocent lives. We need to pray and cry out to Christ to forgive us for being so complacent about the mass murder of millions of babies. It is nothing short of infantacide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is staggering for me to think about the statistics. There are 4000 preborn babies aborted every DAY in the United States... that is over 1 million per year. Those are not just numbers... they are human lives lost

I want the Federal court decisions to be removed in order to allow the States to be able to make decisions as to how to best care for their mothers and babies. I don't have a specific wish list for how I want Alabama to structure abortion law. I just want Alabama to have the right to do so. McCain is for giving this right to the States. Obama is for extreme pro-choice rights and keeping the power in the hands of the federal government.

Thanks for calling attention to this issue.